Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bridal shower buffet and the token vegetarian

Today we had a bridal shower, not mine for heaven's sake, but for my cousin-in-law to-be (did I mention that I am in the wedding?). this is the third one of my first cousins to marry (i have a lot of them) and the third one of them that I have been a part of the bridal shower. instead of doing the fooof ourselves (which we usually do, including the fondue one we had for my one cousin), we decided to go to a nice local restaurant that serves a nice all day brunch buffet. Real linens (thanks heavens, I hate the pastic covered table crap), castle-like setting, and nice quality food. my family can be rather picky when it comes to food, we are all pretty good cooks and therefore expect more. for me, being the 'token vegetarian' it wasn't bad, but, as always it could have been better. There just usually do not seem enough choices. We took deserts with us...a cake, a couple trifles, chocolate dipped strawberries, fun and yummy stuff that seemed fitting for a bride-to-be. It's nice when friends and family can get together over food, sharing and celebrating without argument or battles.

No comments: