Sunday, March 22, 2009

One show ended, but always busy with other projects.

I've been hungary for chili and tonight the rest of my family was having it. I made my own nice pan of homemade chili tonight. I sarted by sauteeing diced onion, garlic, and diced mushroom pieces in some vegetable oil with some hot pepper flakes. (I don't always use diced mushrooms, but sometimes I "sneak" them in for added texture and nutrients.) Then, I added some bulgar that I pre-soaked in water to help soften. (Sometimes I use a plain rice much the same way.) I added rinsed black and kidnet beans and a can of tomato soup (without the water). The enough tomato juice to give the desired liquid needed and spices (chili, cumin, pepper flakes). I let it all cook through and served it over some cooked noodles with a sprinkling of cheese. Yummy!

My meatless circles seem to be expanding as I talked to a few people in my life the last couple days that have either given meat up in the last year or have given it up for Lent. Whatever the reasons it does make me feel a little bit less alone on this path than in the days before.

No comments: