Thursday, June 5, 2008

Yay for "The Traveling Vegetarian"

Sometimes it may seems like there are very few of us out there and that the idea of "vegetarian culture" seems to be but a myth, but every once in awhile I come across things that remind me that I am not alone, that we are not alone on our ideals. Culture is what we make and the internet is giving each of us amazing oppurtunities to reach out to others and to hopefully make a difference.

In my multiple Internet searches I have come across other meat-less beings who share a passion for food and life. These are individuals who choose to share their life and their love with the world. Among those I found was some online clips of various vegetarian eating establishments and an upbeat host. I found it while searching through youtube clips and got hooked. Maybe you will too. Check out Yvonne Smith as The Traveling Vegetarian at http://www.myspace.com/thetravelingvegetarian or http://www.youtube.com/travelingvegetarian. It is well worth it and I would lofe to send a shout out of thanks for her and for those like her who are bringing this more peaceful culture to the world.

As quoted bu Isaac Bashevis Singer, as quoted in 'You Said a Mouthful', edited bu Ronald D. Fuchs - "I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks so much for the shout-out! So glad you enjoy the show.