Sunday, January 24, 2010

Roasting Veggies Make my Night

There is something almost magical and lovely about roasting vegetables and I love love love making and eating them. Tonight one was of those such nights. Most people have made or at least eaten roasted potatoes, but I will pretty much roast anything I can. It turns plain vegetables into some kind of lovely carmalized tasty bit of yum. Tonight I roasted up some seasoned potato cubes with some onion and bits of garlic, as well as some carrots and broccoli with onion and garlic bits. The garlic melts on down around and the onion peices carmalize throughout. I have never been a fan of steamed broccoli, but roasting fresh broccoli in the oven is something wonderful. While my family chowed down on pork chops I sauteed up some onion and mushrooms to put atop of a Morning Star mushroom lovers veggie burger with cheese on a toasted kaiser bun.

"Vegetarians taste better." -- Author Unknown

No comments: