Sunday, January 9, 2011

Family Gathering

We had a delayed family Christmas and due to circumstances, it wasn't until today. As mentioned before I am the only vegetarian in my family and this year, since my grandpa's recent death, I had not one to cook for but myself. I had frozen extras of both my Thanksgiving Vegetable Wellington and my Christmas spinach mushroom pastry for just such an event, and I FORGOT IT at home. I tried to call home and ask my brothers to grab one of them out of the freezer, but they had already left. Instead I was left with a few choice from the appetizers (spinach artichoke dip, cheese, olives, and pickles), corn, rolls, and a green bean casserole that was somehow not quite right and undercooked. The potato casserole included cream of chicken (yeck!) and the baked beans (which I never was much the fan) had bacon. I keep waiting for the day when they remember that there is a vegetarian in their family, but eight years hasn't let to much improvement. Oh well, it was otherwise a decent day and a good reminder for next time to take something.

No comments: