Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Loving Veg-friendly Leftovers in the Freezer


Thanks to my frozen leftover system, tonight while my brothers sucked down some turkey thing I enjoyed homemade white vegetable lasagna with garlic toasted french bread. I was thinking about making a new pan for dinner one night next week (and of course making enough to freeze for later). Dinner time is a constant attempt to create more middle ground in our eating habits without me giving up my vegetarian ideals and making sure they are getting some vegetables in their diet. Generally speaking, they are very meat and potaotes type guys who dislike a lot of vegetables. Normally, they all eat corn, but only one will eat peas. Lima beans (my favorite) is a lost cause as well as things like asparagus or most any green vegetable. The one is opening up and will sometimes eat spinach in things (still hasn't tried my white lasagna ut he confided that he might try it one time i make it). Carrots are an occassional success, but only with ceratin preperations. It is maddening at times, but I am deteremined to get some vegetables in their diets and give them the options of increasing the types of vegetables they do eat (one way or another it seems). Hope ya'all are enjoying all the bounties of life and having a fab new year.


As said by Christine Stevens: "The basis of all animal rights should be the Golden Rule: we should treat them as we would wish them to treat us, were any other species in our dominant position."

No comments: