Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Dream

Last night I had the strangest dream. I was somewhere in my dream and someone was trying to pay me with meat. (Yuckk!) I told them that I did not eat meat and was a vegetarian. They kept trying to find something else, but everything they kept coming up with was more meat. The ladies seemed rather understanding, but meat was mostly everywhere. They were understanding, but it was sizzling and frozen, and all over the place.

Sometimes, I feel like that... that I live in a world surrounded by meat and so often struggle to avoid it. Commercials boats images of steaks and chicken. Right now there the airwaves and print media seem bombarded with images of roasted turkey. Sometimes, I really miss that sense of normalcy. Instead I make special requests whenever I am out to dinner with family or friends. I have few vegetarian friends around me, but most are not people I see or associate with everyday. Generally, my friends respect and accept the differences in my eating habits, but often I just wish that i didn't not feel like an island of vegetables floating in a sea of raw meat. Five years and some things seem much easier, but other things are definitely not.

No comments: