Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Lull and Leftovers Jump Start the Christmas Season




It’s the day after Thanksgiving and all through the house not a person is cooking, not even a roast. Leftovers abound from yesterday’s feast. Stuffing and gravy, crackers and cheese. It’s that time of year where much of America is enjoying the leftover lull of the day after Thanksgiving and filling the stores for the biggest shopping day of the year. No cooking is going on in my house today, by anyone. There are plenty of things left to reheat or just enjoy straight from the fridge.

Of course now that Thanksgiving is behind us the Christmas season starts into full swing. (I am so glad I wasn’t anywhere near a store today to deal with the crowds and people. It was enough just to see the clips of people shopping at 5am this morning trying to scope out the best deals.) Christmas decorations will start to be pulled this week and I have started menu planning for our Christmas Eve Gathering as well as Christmas dinner . We always have friends and family over Christmas Eve for an Open House type deal with an appetizer type spread. It’s nice to just sit back and spend time with each other the night before the big day. My grandparents come over, a friend sating back to elementary school and her husband and kids, as well as other assorted family and friends. Bring on the Christmas season. (Just keep me away from the crowded malls with screaming kids and determined bargain hunters.)

Here’s to hoping the season is grand. Cheers!

Check me out here: http://www.VegSpace.com/greenapple

In the words of Alex Poulos: "I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me."

No comments: