Thursday, November 15, 2007

No Chicken Soup, Please

Here it is another day and half the people I know are sick, getting sick, or slowly getting over being sick. Not surprising, I came home from rehearsal last night fighting the onset of a sore throat. I woke with the same sore throat and struggled past it when making phone calls earlier. The germy, damp, chilly season of fall is defiantly upon us. No chicken soup for me, please. I am determined to get over this the same way a lot of other people do. Warm liquids (such as herbal tea and vegetable broths), herbs and vitamin c, steamy bath/showers, and rest. I don’t like being sick anymore than anyone else, but it does make a few kinks in my baking plans. For now I am off to steep a little tea, perhaps ginger something or a soothing chamomile. Stay warm and well.

http://www.familyresource.com/blog/category/health/cold-and-flu-remedies/

4 comments:

Julie said...

Thank you for the link to Family Resource. I hope you feel better soon!

Apple said...

Glad to be of help where I can be. Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Apple said...

Love knowing that my words are appreciated!