Friday, December 21, 2007

Continuing Christmas Traditions Vegetarian Style


The holidays are fast approaching as food preparation continues. It just wouldn't be impending Christmas without the smell of fresh party mix coming from the oven, however, traditional recipes include worchester sauce, butter or margarine, and spices. This doesn't sound like a problem unless you know and care that traditionally worcester sauce has anchovies in it. I found Wizard's Organic Vegan Worchester sauce at a local grocery store, but it is also available through multiple online resources. Now, I still get my party mix tradition at Christmas time without having to sacrifice my vegetarian ideals. Plus, I can more confidantly give out extra to friends and family knowing that even my vegetarian friends (even if there seem to be so few around here) can eat this without the worries or guilt.
The last couple years have been full of finding new ways and making adaptions in order to preserve traditions that have evolved. in my lifetime and through my family. Party mix is just one of them in a long list of things I don't have to go without. (And nothing says Christmas like eating it warm and fresh from the oven in all of it's savory goodness.)
I am including some links of where I found this brand online.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

In the Words of George Bernard Shaw: "While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?"

No comments: