Sunday, December 2, 2007

Non-Forbidden Fruit

The opening weekend of my most recent show is now behind me (along with the hectic schedule of tech week that leads into a show). This show has led to a few things coming up regarding my lack of meat consumption. It surprises people and even seems to confuse others. I guess partially because I don’t come across as militant and I don’t lecture or rave about it. I live my vegetarian existence simply and in a rather matter-of-fact manner. Now I can get back to cooking (my leftover supply in the freezer has run rather low) for the time being. One of the cast members did sent a lovely fruit basket to the cast and I was very happy to see the kids in the show attack it with great excitement over bananas, apples, grapes, strawberries and such. (Candy seems so over-rated when eyes meet the gaze of bright colors of a basket full of yummy fruit.) I tried a new fruit this week that I had never had before… a pomegranate. Someone had brought one the other day to the theater and offered me some. A fun, tasty little fruit that she said her kids loved because of the fun factor of the little bits inside. It’s nice to find new little things to try, especially things that are supposed to be rather good for you too. Yum.

k.d. lang : 'We all love animals. Why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" '

No comments: