Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What are your Holiday Plans?


Eating out with my family is often an eventful experience. There is usually a debate over where to eat, especially since my options are limited to salad in some places, but this afternoon while I was out trying to take care of some things we were able to agree on a place (without argument) where I could eat without problems and my brother could still satisfy his supposed meat cravings. We began the shopping for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It is very hard to say at his point how many people will be here. I took it as a mini victory that while sitting at lunch discussing the menu my mother made a reference to needing more non-meat items. Yay!



From Berke Breathed, 'Bloom County Babylon': "Dear Lord, I've been asked, nay commanded, to thank Thee for the Christmas turkey before us... a turkey which was no doubt a lively, intelligent bird... a social being... capable of actual affection... nuzzling its young with almost human-like compassion. Anyway, it's dead and we're gonna eat it. Please give our respects to its family."

No comments: